Saturday, April 3, 2010

Greg Johnnie - 6 months - We Made It!


Here's an update about our special little guy:
1. We call him Greg mostly, but love his middle name so much, that we call him Greg-Johnnie or Johnnie at home. I cannot choose one over the other. I love calling him Greg, Greg-Johnnie, and Johnnie! The poor kid's gonna be so confused.
2. Greg can roll from his back to his belly and his belly to his back.
3. Even though he can't crawl yet, he manages to flop, roll, and twist this way and that to get where he wants to go.
4. He likes making a growling/ grunting sound. At first I thought he was "working on something", but I think he really has just found a new sound he can make.
5. He's eating baby food now...prefers carrots to rice cereal. He makes an adorable "Nyaa, nyaa, nyaa" sound as he chews. I love it!
6. He's been waking up at the crack of dawn, lately, wet all over. I searched for an 'overnight' diaper in a size 2 but couldn't find any. I've tried rediapering him before I go to bed and even double diapering him (with a bigger diaper over his regular diaper), but to no avail. He tests the limits of his puney little diaper almost every night, and around 5 or 6 a.m., the diaper gives up.
7. When Greg smiles, which is alot, his whole face turns upwards. It's like the sun just started shining. It's hard to describe, but he just lights up, and you want to stare in awe. (or maybe just I do)
8. Greg has really bonded with his daddy. (Jace was more of a momma's boy.)
9. Greg even charmed Roger McCown at a wedding reception today. It was adorable to watch.
10. I love this little guy. With that said, I must admit that going from one child to two is probably the hardest thing I have ever experienced. (thus, the post title) My sister-in-law said that it is harder to go from one to two than from zero to one, and I believe her 100%. However, since she told me that a few days ago, I have felt so much better and relaxed alot. Just knowing that it's supposed to be rough (really rough sometimes) and that it's rough for just about everyone, was like taking an enormous 'chill-pill', and I've been able to handle my kiddos with a better attitude.

1 comments:

Bekki said...

He. Is. PRECIOUS!!!! Such a cutie - I wanna kiss him!
I am glad everything is getting easier!